Dec 192017
 

Drew Talbot

Mutual Consent



Portsmouth Football Club can announce that Drew Talbot has left the club by mutual consent.

The 31-year-old full-back made 14 appearances after arriving from Chesterfield in the summer of 2016.
He featured seven times this season, including in the 2-0 victory over Rochdale at Fratton Park on the opening day.

Blues boss Kenny Jackett said: “Drew’s intention is to head back north and I’m sure we’ll see him settle with a new club in January.

“We wish him well for the future and thank him for everything he’s done during his time with Pompey.
“In my short time working with him, I found Drew to be a first class professional and also a very good man.”


Portsmouth FC

Jun 222016
 
IN
Drew Talbot

(29)
Chesterfield


Another summer arrival at Fratton Park

Pompey have swooped to sign Drew Talbot on a two-year deal from July 1.

The versatile 29-year-old is a free agent after leaving Chesterfield, where he made 277 appearances.

He was part of the side – managed by current Blues boss Paul Cook – who secured the 2013/14 League Two title.

Although predominantly used as a full-back, Talbot has also previously performed in midfield and as a striker.

Pompey’s assistant manager Leam Richardson said: “I’ve worked with Drew before and he’s a fantastic signing for this club.

“He’s everything that our fans like about a player – he’s robust, works hard and is very fit. He’s a great lad and we expect big things from him.”

Talbot started his career at Sheffield Wednesday and helped them claim League One promotion in 2005 by scoring in the play-off final.

He then moved on to Luton before signing for Chesterfield in 2009, where he also won the Football League Trophy in 2012.

Portsmouth FC